In June of last year, the State of Colorado passed a new law that affects all the “common interest communities” in the State including our HOA. The Bill aims to provide protection for owners within homeowner associations and amends the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA).
Enclosed for your review are the new Game Trail Rules and Regulations that comply with the new State Law as drafted and approved by our legal counsel. These new Rules and Regulations were approved by the Game Trail Board at our January 11 Board Meeting. The new Rules and Regulations include:
- Rule and Regulation 22-01 – Enforcement of Game Trail Covenants, Policies, Rules and Regulations and other Governing Documents
- Rule and Regulation 22-02 – Procedure for the Imposition and Schedule of Fines
- Rule and Regulation 22-03 – Late Payment Policy
- Rule and Regulation 22-04 – Procedure for Collection of Delinquent Accounts Including Available Legal Actions
Highlights within these new Rules and Regulations include:
- Notification requirements regarding a possible Game Trail violation
- A property owner’s Appeal Process
- Enforcement Actions on the part of the Board
- Procedure for the Imposition of Fines
- The Schedule of Fines
- Late Payment Fees
- Repayment Plans
- Collection of Delinquent Accounts
- and Legal Remedies
The Board encourages our membership to read these new Rules and Regulations. With these new rules there will be new procedures and notifications that the Game Trail Board will be required to follow as well as new timelines for each of us to follow when communicating with the Board when in discussion regarding a potential fine or violation.
If you prefer to receive correspondence and notices in a language in addition to English, please notify the GTA in writing by mailing your language preference by First Class or certified mail, return receipt requested to Game Trail Association, P.O. Box 4110, Buena Vista, CO 81211. Thank you.
John L. Jacobson
Game Trail Association HOA President